Help us make Liverpool a City of Sanctuary
Contrary to popular myths, life is often desperately hard for asylum seekers and refugees. The Liverpool City of Sanctuary movement, started in 2012, seeks to unite those already working to support asylum seekers and refugees, and provide a simple platform for others to do the same.
We invite you whether you are an individual, business or local organisation, to pledge your support to the movement and get involved in any way that would suit you. The movement, currently consisting of an informal group of civil organisations, can provide the ideas, contacts and help to turn support into practical action.
City of Sanctuary is a national network, a movement of local groups made up by businesses, community organisations and individuals, all with one thing in common; their belief that sanctuary seekers should be welcomed, and that their contribution to society should be celebrated.
Liverpool – Proud to be a welcoming city
- Liverpool has a rich cultural heritage and for generations has offered a home to people fleeing persecution from around the world.
- People seeking sanctuary have lost their homes and families yet bring diverse skills, arts, culture, food and social commitment which have contributed to the development and culture of Liverpool.
Why City of Sanctuary in Liverpool?
- We want to celebrate the contribution of those that have come here for safety.
- We hope to reduce isolation, fear, and exclusion.
Step 1 – Pledge Your Support!
- The first step in your support for City of Sanctuary Liverpool is to pledge your support and send it to the City of Sanctuary group.
- We would like to be able to include your name and/or organization as part of a pledge and contact list.
For more information please email:
[email protected] or [email protected]